Thursday, October 22, 2015

In the year 1985, an AGM I became

Group photo with participants of a landscaping course organised by BDA, in front of BDA Building, Jalan Somerville, Bintulu, 1990.
My office at BDA Building,
Jalan Somverville.
In the year 1985, an AGM I became.  The AGM or Assistant General Manager of BDA (Bintulu Development Authority ) post covers a few portfolios.  The main divisions under my responsibility were low-cost housing, landscaping, PR and tourism, land matters and resettlement lots, administration and  legal.  The AGM post really kept me occupied and very busy in the various roles especially in laying the foundation stones for making Bintulu a beautiful tropical garden city of the future especially roadside planting, green lungs, and recreational parks,  construction of low-cost housing for new migrants to the booming town, removal and resettlement of squatters, promotion of Bintulu as a investment profit centre and the construction of tourism related projects like golf course, wildlife park and chalets at Similajau national park.  Sometime in 1991 I was interviewed by New Straits Time journalist Ahmad A. Talib  about my work in BDA and Bintulu (see news cutting below).   The interview says it all.  I feel I have done a great deal for my hometown and I hope others will continue on with the show.  Make Bintulu a beautiful, prosperous and friendly industrial city 2020.

Happy Malaysia Day, Sarawak.

( Note: This is the 11th  post on what it is meant to be a Malaysian as part of my writing contribution to Malaysia Day which will  to be celebrated on the 16th of September.)

( Note: This is a re-posting from my blog - My Sarawak (2nd Ed.) and the link is here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment